Creating memories for vulnerable children


As we grow as an organization, we are blessed to discover and celebrate the work of innovative groups and individuals also working on behalf of orphaned and vulnerable children around the world. Recently we have been privileged to connect with Ben Schumaker and The Memory Project.

A Wisconsin-based non-profit, The Memory Project is a unique initiative in which art students create and donate portraits of orphaned and vulnerable children.  As children in adversity often have few personal items, The Memory Project aims to provide a one-of-a-kind portrait to capture their identity and a sense of their history.

Launched by Ben in 2004, over the last decade The Memory Project has received and distributed over 60,000 portraits for children in 35 countries. Participating individuals receive photos of children from the project’s waiting list and work in the medium of their choice to create a personalized keepsake. To date, artistic contributions have been received from the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Spain, Korea, China, Philippines, and Australia.

While 95% of portraits are contributed by art students under the guidance of their teachers, the remaining 5% have been created by individuals of all ages who have a personal passion for art and children.

As advocates for the documentation and protection of each child’s personal history, we are big fans of The Memory Project’s work.

We look forward to working with Ben and The Memory Project in the future.

For further information on The Memory Project, please visit www.memoryproject.org.

© Copyright Each Inc
Website by NDD